Service Care Appliance & TV Repair Employment
Put your education to good use, and build a career at Service Care. Apply for a technician job today.
Service Care was created in 1986 but was formed from the company R. P. McDavid, Inc. by the McDavid family in Birmingham, AL. (Founded in 1934)
- Relaxed and friendly. We enjoy laughter and fun, and it shows to our customers.
- Committed to excellence. If you care about being the best you can be, we reward that.
- We have pride first-and-foremost in our customer service skills. We keep our promises and make people happy.
- We genuinely care about individual customers and employees, no one is “just a number”.
- Our employees are treated like family. We have employees that have been with us for 20+ years.
- For the right candidate, we will pay for training to help you to continue to be a success.
- Learn a career you can carry with you anywhere, but you won’t want to leave!
- Competitive pay with larger companies. Commission-based with minimum guarantees.
- We match the first 6% that you put into your retirement, dollar for dollar.
- You will be supported in your career: if you have what it takes to be a success we will get you there.
- We’re locally owned, not a big corporate franchise.
- 401k, Health, Life
- Experienced techs can potentially earn $50k/year and up (pre-tax) based on their effort.
- No weekends unless you request it.
- Normal working hours, you will never be “on call”
- Drive your vehicle home at night.
We are looking for women and men experienced in kitchen and laundry appliances repairs, but if you have a great personality and memory we can train you!
We are open Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Saturday work is available for interested technicians. We are looking for honest, caring people with good imagination and memory, and the ability to solve problems and make customers happy.
Service Care is a privately owned family business, and we’ve been incorporated for over 30 years. This is a friendly, relaxed place that requires excellence and customers being treated right.
Service Care has been providing quality appliance repair in Birmingham AL for over 30 years. However, our roots in the industry date back to 1934!
We are a family owned and operated appliance repair company with service throughout the Birmingham area, including Homewood, Mountain Brook, Vestavia Hills, Hoover, Irondale, Trussville, Cahaba Heights, Inverness, Greystone, and more.
After we receive your resume and cover letter we will review your qualifications to determine if they match the requirements of our open position. If you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted by one of our hiring managers to discuss the next steps.
If your qualifications do not match our position requirements, we will retain your application according to state guidelines.
Our hiring managers want to know as much as possible prior to scheduling an interview. Here are some of the things we look for when reviewing resumes:
- Month and year of employment in work histories, plus an explanation in any gaps of employment.
- Years of attendance for any education, volunteer work, and certificates obtained.
- Current contact information.
- Presentation and format of resume.
- Any links to social media profiles such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Additionally, a hand-delivered resume always helps your chances of being remembered by our staff!
Do your research. Review our website, social media outlets, videos, review platforms, etc. Be ready to discuss your strengths and areas of opportunity. We want to know your accomplishments, goals, and what your expectations are. Ask questions and be yourself!
This is dependant on the job you are applying for, as well as your experience in the industry.